Home/ Public Grievance Redressal System
Public Grievance Redressal System
A formal Complaint / Grievance handling procedure for all individuals except (i) Employees (ii) Shareholders (iii) Vendors & (iv) Customers for whom a formal Grievance Redressal System already exists.
A "Grievance" for the purpose of this Scheme would mean, a cause of distress felt on account of being wronged, to form a reason for complaint, relating to any Individual / Group (other than those not covered under the Scheme), arising out of any decision taken by BHEL in relation to that Individual/Group.
A High-Powered Committee consisting of the following:
- Head of Finance
- Head of HR - Convenor
- Head of Department to which the Grievance is related,
Decides on all the Grievances within 45 days of its receipt from the Personnel Grievance Officer(PGO) and thereafter informs the aggrieved person about the decision of the Committee within 7 days through the PGO. The decision given by the High-Powered Committee is final.
Grievances that will not be taken up include:
- Anonymous complaints / Frivolous cases / others in respect of which inadequate supporting details are provided.
- Cases involving decisions/policy matters in which the aggrieved has not been affected directly/indirectly.
- Cases where quasi judicial procedures are prescribed for deciding matters or cases that are sub-judice.
- A grievance which has already been disposed of by the High-Powered Committee.
- Complaints of corruption. These are to be lodged separately with the Vigilance Officer.