Did You Know ? (Archive)
- BHEL has In-house R & D center for Hydraulic Design & Development of Hydro Turbines, recognized by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India.
- BHEL achieved a milestone of delivery of 100th Space grade Battery to U R Rao Satellite Centre, ISRO in March, 2021.
- BHEL was the first to develop Train Communication Network (TCN) based Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) for 6000 HP Electric Locomotives for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW).
- First air-conditioned local train of Central Railway from Thane to Panvel has been manufactured by BHEL and Integral Coach Factory (ICF).
- BHEL is one of the select few firms in the world having the capability to design and manufacture compact heat exchangers for military aircraft.
- BHEL has designed, manufactured and commissioned India’s largest rating (139 MW each) vertical pump-motor sets for Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme (LIS), Telangana, world’s largest LIS project.
- BHEL has successfully commissioned world's largest ±800 kV multi-terminal HVDC project (North-East to Agra), which is under commercial operation since September, 2017.
- India’s first fully air-conditioned ACEMU Rake of 12 coaches with vestibule design operational in Mumbai is equipped with BHEL developed IGBT based propulsion system.
- BHEL was awarded Golden Peacock National Quality Award in 2020.
- BHEL has supplied 41 Nuclear Steam Generators till date, by far the highest by any Indian Company.
Back to previous page | Page last updated date : 30-04-2022