Our CSR Policy
BHEL, a global engineering enterprise providing solutions for a better tomorrow, is committed towards holistic welfare of the society by undertaking CSR activities within the ambit of Schedule-VII of the Companies Act, 2013, as amended from time to time. However, thrust areas for CSR activities will be:
- Inclusive India : Mitigation of hunger and poverty through livelihood promotion/ augmenting income generation, Imparting vocational Skills;
- Healthy India : Promoting health care including preventive health care and sports;
- Clean India : Sanitation and making available Safe Drinking Water, Cleaning and preserving the Rivers, Clean surroundings; toilets in schools specially for girls;
- Educated India : Promoting education with thrust on informal education to reduce dropouts at primary school level, value education, digital education;
- Responsible India : Women Empowerment, Setting up old age homes, day care centre and such other facilities for senior citizens, Rural Development Projects and Slum Development Projects;
- Green India : Ensuring environmental sustainability with emphasis on projects based on Solar Energy;
- Heritage India : Protection of national heritage, art and culture;
In the above thrust areas priority will be given to under privileged, neglected and weaker sections of the society. The company shall give preference to the local areas for spending at least 75 % of the amount earmarked for CSR activities. The remaining amount may be utilised beyond local areas. However, contribution made to the Central Government Schemes, where defining the area as well as the scope is not possible for the company will be excluded while arriving 75:25 ratio.
It is desirable that CSR initiatives should be taken up in project mode, to the extent possible. However, it shall exclude any contribution made to the Central Government Schemes. Periodic review of this policy shall be done to ensure its continued suitability, adequacy and efficacy.
Back to previous page | Page last updated date : 05-03-2022